Monday, July 19, 2010

Abbey Rae Maughan Carlson

A few weeks ago my best friend got married. She married probably one of the coolest best guys I've ever met and I couldn't be happier for them... no honestly... thinking about them makes me giddy. They are absolutely perfect for each other. I couldn't have picked a better match. I've been in Rhode Island this summer, but I was lucky enough to come home and witness her big day.

Abbey has been my best friend through it all. From the awkward stages of adolescents, to making that first big leap into college, Abbey has ALWAYS been there. She is the most amazing girl I know. Abbey is thoughtful, spiritual, fun loving, forgiving ,happy, understanding, trusting, a good listener, creative, considerate of others, intelligent, organized, beautiful, talented, unique, and the best sibling, daughter, wife, and best friend anyone could ask for.





Almost every memory I have since junior high involves Abbey. We've done some crazy stuff- making Charlie's Angels movies, collecting shoes in my trunk, taking over "the fort," planning BOM.com meals, seeing wicked in NY, creating the perfect cream puff, riding the sky-coaster, snowboarding, walking the Brooklyn bridge, getting suck in the middle of Bear Lake, getting caught ditching Mr. Westberg's class, bobbing for apples, planning the best pranks, being in Mads together and keeping and starting the best traditions, starting senior sunrise, rock climbing, and much more.

Abbey will go get lemonade with you across the city, just because you are convinced no where else is good enough.  She will stay home with you on a Friday night and read Eclipse. She will go to ROSS or Forever 21 and try on the craziest outfits just to cheer you up. She will fully support your weird ideas to make something crazy-- even stealing bananas from the neighbors so you can have a treat. She will hold your hand during the scariest of movies. She will paint nails with you at 2 in the morning because you are sick to death of studying for finals. She will come over at any hour to hear your latest boy drama. She makes the best PBHs- and strawberry milk I've ever had and she doesn't complain when all you want to eat for the rest of your life are cheesy-melts and broccoli-- or the latest-- apples and saltines. She is always willing to make runs to Bagel Town or Jamba.

 

I've never laughed or cried more with anyone else. It doesn't matter where I am- China, Rhode Island, Salt Lake, or Logan... she is there. Abbey and I have the most unique relationship. Whenever we are together, things pick up where they left off. We need each other and rely on each other, but we also have our independence. She understands me the very best. She makes me smile and she makes me laugh
Best Friends for LIFE Eternity. I love her.

 If you are lucky enough to know her, feel free to write your favorite memory of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment