Friday, June 25, 2010

What I miss about China...

-teaching my students
- hand pulled noodles
–being the “fat Americans.”
-English Corner
-cooking popcorn with Sam in a walk
-having church on skype or on a cell phone at the beach, in an apartment, in a hostel, or wherever I happen to be
–cooking with my students
–learning Chinese with Susan
 -Other Chinese Horizon teachers
–Alice and Lillian
–buying fruit off the streets
–Jiao Zi
–cheap living
–not having to go to college
–traveling
-talking in “Chinglish”
–experiencing the crazy things that happen EVERY day by living in China
–motorcycle taxis
-Chinese music
-watching my students do their eye exercises and listening to their exercise routine at 6 a.m.
–train rides
–awesome shopping
-drinking hot water ALL the time
-having 2 hours for lunch
- being one of the only two foreigners in my city
-funny Chinese culture (slit pants, squatters, going to the bathroom wherever and whenever, spitting, drunk Chinese men, farmer blows, yes ALL of this I will miss)
-hearing “hello beautiful girl” everywhere I go
-being a movie star, getting starred at, signing autographs, and getting pictures taken everywhere
-having awesome conversations with my students
-Rocking out on the guitar with Sam (Sam forcing me to practice bar chords)
-“snakes” a.k.a. snacks
-cheap massages, pedicures, facials, you name it
-learning things every day from the Chinese people
-having to rely on my Savior constantly
–wearing the same clothes every day because it is SO COLD!
–Tai Chi and Ping-Pong
-the friendly and generous people

No comments:

Post a Comment