Friday, June 25, 2010

Festival of Colors




I used to always argue with my friends.. what is better fall or spring? This question is hard to answer. I love love love the fall, especially since living in Logan. However, the Festival of Colors is definitely giving me something to think about.
What is the Festival of Colors you might ask?  It is a festival held in India announcing/celebrating the arrival of spring and the end of winter. What could be better right? People throw their worries away with the festive dry chalk. In other words, the best chalk fight you have even been to.  Ask any college student and they will tell you that this Indian festival is the greatest thing of life. 
This year was my first year attending the Festival of Colors and I can tell you that it certainly won't be the last. I am already ecstatic about this coming Spring. 
Here is a link to a youtube video. Check it out. Below are some pictures of the day's event. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5xlZHNm20&feature=player_embedded


.
 

                                      

                                                  

                                           

                                            


                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment