Sunday, January 24, 2010

Zhou Village


























A few weeks ago, the school wanted to take Sam and I to see the “Zhou Village.”  Apparently it is an ancient village owned just by the Zhou family. There are still a few families that live there. It was cool. Here are some pictures.

Alright, so here’s a funny story. Everyone knows that I am not always the most graceful person. My school wanted to take us to out to lunch before we went to Zhou village (but we couldn’t because I already had plans to go to one of my Student’s birthday parties.) we were supposed to eat at this cave restaurant. After the Zhou village, the school was so excited about this place that they still wanted to show it to Sam and I. It was actually pretty cool.  We went walking through the cave, but it was really dark and we didn’t have any flashlights. We were walking on a small cement plank (the rest was muddy water).  Well leave it to me to somehow fall right into the water! That’s right. I was stuck up to my waist in mud. The friend Luke had to literally pull me out of the mud. We were going to go to dinner, but I was soaking wet. It was pretty funny. My head teacher honestly said this,

“Brooke thank you for always making things exciting and entertaining us.” Yup, that’s what I’m here for.  My school was having a fit saying I was going to get very sick. They suggested we go to Shuangpai (which wasn’t very far away) and I could change into some of Haiden’s clothes. Praise that we are about the same size.

After I got changed, we had a big dinner with my school and Haiden’s school. The dinner lasted about 3 hours.. and we left early. Chinese dinners are quite the event. Pretty much everyone gets drunk and makes toasts to each other the whole night. It’s pretty funny sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment