Thursday, March 25, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance.. China?

My students have a synchronized exercise routine they do every morning at 6 a.m.  There is a loud speaker that blares crazy Chinese music throughout campus.  This is my awesome alarm clock every morning. (yi er san si wo leo chi ba...).  The first month of school my students had a big competition between Grade 1 (all my students) to see which class could perform the exercise the best.  It was pretty legit.  They got out of evening classes- something very rare for China.  All of my students wore their school uniforms and competed in what reminded me of so you can think you can dance or bring it on.  It was intense; and all of my students took it VERY seriously.  There were judges, out of bounds, and the whole shebang.  Here are a few pics from the event.  I'll post a video when I get home.  It was awesome.







No comments:

Post a Comment